- LIVE UPDATES: The Death of Nex Benedict and Community Response in Greater Oklahoma
- Read The Stories Of Nex Benedict As Told By Their Chosen Family, Friends and Allies at Owasso Vigil
- Election 2024: Michigan Fact Sheet
- ACLU of Alabama and The Knights & Orchids Society Celebrate Black Trans Futures with New Cohort
- Colman Domingo, Lily Gladstone, George C. Wolfe, Aunjanue Ellis-Taylor, Sterling K. Brown, Nick Offerman Champion Unity And LGBTQ Representation In Awards Season Speeches
- “All of Us Strangers,” Lily Gladstone, and Colman Domingo Win Big at the 15th Annual Dorian Film Awards
- Major Celebrities, Creators and Notable Voices Speak Out on the Death of Nex Benedict
- In Memory of Nex
Choose from the complete list of GLAAD Accountability Profiles:
Far-right Commentator and Conspiracy Theorist
- Updated: April 21, 2023
—Said of Hurricane Harvey’s impact on Houston is the result of the city’s “LGBT devotion,” despite overwhelming evidence pointing to climate change as a factor in the storm and flooding: “Here’s a city that has boasted of its LGBT devotion, its affinity for the sexual perversion movement in America. They’re underwater.”
—Said: “If God sent angels to this country, homosexuals would attempt to rape them. I have read comments by homosexual rights activists—I don’t even want to say the words, I can’t even say it, what they want to do to our Lord, Jesus Christ. I have seen comments, it’s so wicked, so blasphemous I can’t even say it. I don’t want to even go there.”
—Said a “gay/lesbian Nazi regime” by a secret death squad controlled by a secret government iis responsible for the the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting.
—Misgendered trans Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine, called her “mentally ill,” and asked the state’s residents to “chase that freak out of the state.”
—Said the death of Richard E. Weber Jr., who died of COVID-19 complications, is a sign sent by God: “He was a senior lawyer for the LGBT Bar Association of New York. The lawyers who sue churches, the lawyers who sue ministries… one of their senior lawyers for the gay rights movement died today in New York City of the coronavirus. There is a judgment, I’m telling you, a plague is underway. Get under the blood of Jesus Christ. Do not be in opposition to the Lord Jesus Christ and his church!”
—Claimed that out cable news hosts Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper were proof that America has been “homosexualized.”
—Said the Antichrist will be a “homosexual Jew.”
—Claimed that the Nazis were attempting to create a “homosexual race” of soldiers.
—During the Ebola outbreak, said he hoped the virus would “solve” America’s “problem” with homosexuality.
The GLAAD Accountability Project catalogs anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and discriminatory actions of politicians, commentators, organization heads, religious leaders, and legal figures, who have used their platforms, influence and power to spread misinformation and harm LGBTQ people.