The GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index (SRI) maps the quantity, quality and diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) characters in films released by ten major motion picture studios during the 2022 calendar year. GLAAD researched films released by A24, Amazon Studios, Apple TV+, Lionsgate, NBCUniversal, Netflix, Paramount Global, Sony, The Walt Disney Studios, Warner Bros. Discovery, and their subsidiaries. The report is intended to serve as a road map toward increasing fair, accurate and inclusive LGBTQ representation in film.
- WATCH: “Trinity Ruins Christmas” in an All-New Musical Album, Picture Book and More!
- Everything to Know About “Giving Tuesday”
- Janelle Monáe Makes History as the First Ever Genderless Spirit of Soul Award Recipient at the 2023 Soul Train Awards
- Meet the Four Trans and Nonbinary Black Business Owners Making Waves in “Changemakers” Season 2
- Queer Stars Dazzle at Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Film World Premiere
- WATCH: Josie Totah Talks “The Buccaneers” at Vulture Fest 2023
- WATCH: Queer Pop Sensation Jeffrey Eli Talks About Rising to Fame, Dream Collabs, and His Love for Mariah Carey
- Cher, Andrew Rannells, En Vogue, Pentatonix, Casts of “& Juliet,” “Shucked” and More to Fly High at This Year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC
2023 Studio Responsibility Index
More Publications from GLAAD
The current story of book bans is interwoven with the story of the skyrocketing number…
As the LGBTQ community continues to expand and become more visible, the 2023 Accelerating Acceptance…
Esperamos que esta guía sea una herramienta y un glosario básico. Pero no es un glosario completo de todos los términos ni es una guía prescriptiva para todas las personas LGBTQ.
Transgender people are sometimes suspected and/or convicted of crimes. The media has a responsibility to represent all transgender people accurately, with their correct names and pronouns, and without relying on dehumanizing stereotypes. This responsibility does not change with the circumstances of a story, including instances where transgender people are suspected of crimes.