- Personal Essay: Actress, Filmmaker Sarah Ann Masse on Coming Out as Bisexual and Her Fight to Clean Up a Toxic Hollywood (Exclusive)
- Peacock’s “The Traitors” is Back for a Star-Studded Season 2 Featuring Peppermint!
- GLAAD Co-Hosts Drag Brunch to Celebrate the Premiere of Prime Video’s “Cassandro”
- ‘Karamo’ To “Embrace The Mess” In Season 2; Show Host Talks Telling Stories With Respect And Empathy
- Unregistered LGBTQ Voters–We Need You
- ‘Cassandro’ Director Roger Ross Williams Talks Joy Of Real-Life Saúl Armendáriz, Queer Representation And Authenticity
- HeadCount is Leading National Voter Registration Day Across the Nation
- GLAAD Celebrates Latine Heritage with Laughter
Artists and celebrities to come together for ‘Concert for Love & Acceptance’ presented by Ty Herndon and GLAAD
- Last updated: May 24, 2023
NASHVILLE – On June 12, 2015, artists and celebrities from across the country will come together in a coalition of support for LGBT acceptance at the inaugural Concert for Love and Acceptance, presented by Grammy-nominated and Dove Award-winning artist Ty Herndon and GLAAD, at City Winery (609 Lafayette St.) in Nashville, Tenn.
The first-of-its-kind country music event, which will take place during CMA Fest, will be co-hosted by Herndon and political commentator and author Meghan McCain. Performers and special guests include Melinda Doolittle, Shelly Fairchild, Billy Gilman, Jennifer Knapp, Jamie O'Neal, and Pastor Stan Mitchell of GracePointe Church. Additional performances and appearances will be announced.
Tickets are available now at /nashville. Proceeds benefit GLAAD’s work to accelerate acceptance.
“Music connects us and transcends our differences,” said GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis. “For the first time in Music City, artists will join together to voice support for the LGBT community and help us accelerate acceptance, not only in country music, but across the nation.”
“I truly hoped that the day would come when I could host an event encouraging an environment that would make it easier for young people at risk to get help and feel comfortable about who they are, and not have to go through the same struggles that I have faced," said Herndon.
“I’ve been fortunate enough to work with GLAAD for several years and I’m so proud to be on the board of such an incredible organization,” said Meghan McCain. “This event is historic and I’m thrilled to be co-hosting it not only with GLAAD but with Ty Herndon, who is such a pioneer in the LGBT community.”
Herndon made country music history last November when he became the first male country music artist to come out as openly gay. The Concert for Love and Acceptance marks Herndon’s first Nashville concert appearance since late last year.
For general ticket information, please visit: www.glaad.org/nashville.
For VIP tickets that include artist meet and greet please visit http://www.citywinery.com/loveandacceptanceVIP
For sponsorship opportunities, please visit /nashville.
About GLAAD: GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change. GLAAD protects all that has been accomplished and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love. For more information, please visit www.glaad.org or connect with GLAAD on Facebook and Twitter.
For GLAAD Media Institute Alum Kevin Anderson, interviews with journalists have become increasingly prevalent in…