Spanish-Language & Latine Media
GLAAD serves as a resource to Spanish and English-language Latine media outlets to ensure fair, accurate and inclusive representations of LGBTQ people.
HOLA AND WELCOME!
If you are a journalist, writer or producer, we’ve created lots of resources, en español, to help you cover LGBTQ issues.
LGBTQ community members, families or allies, we’re here for you, too, with resources and lots of news about our amazing community.
WHY LGBTQ REPRESENTATION MATTERS
- According to the Williams Institute at UCLA, there are approximately 2.3 million Latinx LGBTQ people in the United States alone. And, of course, we know there are millions more in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America.
- In 2018, Latino, Latina and Latine millennials (aged 18-34) were the most likely demographic in their age group to be part of the LGBTQ+ community (more than 1 in 5). And that rate remains higher among all Latine adults when compared to other communities.
- Latine consumers of both English and Spanish-language media want very much to see their lives reflected in the news that informs them and the entertainment they enjoy. That’s why GLAAD works to advance meaningful representation of LGBTQ Latine people.
- We offer resources for media professionals working in any medium, from newspapers and magazines, to web sites, movies, games and other forms of media.
- We also want to help community members and families find their voices and access important resources.
To find out more, contact us at email@example.com
A NOTE ON LANGUAGE
When speaking about our community generally, we opt to use the inclusive term “Latine” in place of “Latino” or “Latina.” While “Latinx” will also sometimes be used across GLAAD platforms, and has been in Latin America as well as the United States, the word “Latine” is more accessible, as some reading devices may struggle with the “x” ending in Spanish. When referring to individuals or specific groups, GLAAD will always use the term they use to identify themselves.
Last weekend, GLAAD co-hosted an unforgettable brunch with the team behind Prime Video’s new film…
This year, to celebrate Latine Heritage Month, the GLAAD Media Institute is launching a digital…
Film festivals offer audiences a preview to some of the best films of the coming year, a trail…
El colaborador de GLAAD Enrique Torre Molina es activista, conferencista y consultor de la comunidad…