- “Gotham Knights” co-creator posts heartfelt letter on the power seeing herself portrayed on-screen
- Maren Morris Poses in Drag on Billboard Cover with Sasha Colby, Eureka O’Hara, and More!
- WATCH: Eva Reign Accepts GLAAD Media Award for “Anything’s Possible”: “This film is a radical act of love.”
- Garden State Equality, #GLAADinstitute alumni, host annual Equality Ball
- InReach and GLAAD Launch the #TransMascFutures Campaign, Increasing Positive Stories and Resource Access
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside the production of ABC News’ GLAAD award-winning franchise for queer storytelling in primetime
- Supporting Queer Joy: The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and Decades of Dedication to Community Service
- Book Bans Cannot Stand: Organizing to Defeat Book Bans in Your Community
GLAAD LAUNCHES SECOND ANNUAL “PRIDE UNBOXED” INITIATIVE TO CELEBRATE PRIDE MONTH
- Updated: May 24, 2023
Communications Manager, GLAAD
Presented by Porte, the “Pride Unboxed” gift set contains 20 products and special gifts from LGBTQ-inclusive partners such as Google, Samuel Adams, Sally Hansen, Entertainment Weekly, Teletubbies, BIC, Audible, Tinder, Pop-Tarts, and more
The box also includes a QR code linking to a resource guide with various ways to get educated, find and show support, and activate in solidarity with the trans community this Pride Month and beyond
“Pride Unboxed” will be provided as a gift to the first 300 supporters who become a monthly donor to GLAAD with a gift of $19.95 or more in support of the organization’s LGBTQ advocacy and culture-changing work
New York, NY – Thursday, May 20, 2021 – GLAAD, the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the launch of its second annual “Pride Unboxed” initiative to celebrate Pride Month. Pride Unboxed was created in 2020 as a way to help LGBTQ people and allies show their pride while social distancing.
Photos of Pride Unboxed can be found here.
Presented by Porte, the Pride Unboxed gift set contains 20 products and special gifts from LGBTQ-inclusive partners such as Google, Samuel Adams, Sally Hansen, Entertainment Weekly, Teletubbies, BIC, Audible, Tinder, Pop-Tarts, and more, including special GLAAD-branded items.
As the trans community continues to face growing levels of discrimination and violence, GLAAD’s Pride Unboxed initiative also includes a QR code linking to a resource guide with various ways to get educated, find and show support, and activate in solidarity with the trans community this Pride Month and beyond. Click here to access the resource guide.
The box will be provided as a gift to the first 300 supporters who become a monthly donor to GLAAD with a gift of $19.95 or more in support of the organization’s LGBTQ advocacy and culture-changing work. The first 100 supporters to become a monthly donor will also receive a bonus Fitbit Sense.
Check out the full list of items included in Pride Unboxed below:
- Custom-branded coffee tumbler, compliments of Presenting Sponsor Porte
- A pair of Google Pixel Buds
- Custom-branded fanny pack from Samuel Adams
- Free digital download from Audible
- BodyMark by BIC’s new Pride Pack of skin-safe, temporary tattoo markers
- Custom-branded Kellogg sticker to identify your pronouns
- An 8-count of Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts
- A RIKI CUTIE portable lighted makeup mirror from RIKI LOVES RIKI
- Sally Hansen’s Rainbow Pride Nail Polish Gift Set
- Custom-branded Pride mask and pin from the Teletubbies
- A pack of iridescent metal straws from Tinder
- Spicebomb classic mini fragrance and Spicebomb infrared sample set and Viktor&Rolf Pride-Up Bracelet
- “Pride Fighter” drawstring bag featuring WWE Superstar Sonya Deville
- A pair of socks from Bombas’ Pride collection
- Entertainment Weekly’s Pride issue
- A special promotion for a web domain from .gay
- A custom GLAAD Pride mask
“As we look ahead to a brighter future and to soon resuming in-person Pride events, GLAAD and our year-round partner Porte created this project to bring joy and remind us about the importance of celebrating LGBTQ people and our diverse identities,” said GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis.
GLAAD’s Pride Unboxed was produced in partnership with Babbleboxx. A special thank you to Pride Unboxed supporting brands: Presenting Sponsor Porte; Official Sponsors Google and Samuel Adams; Community Sponsors Audible, BIC, Kellogg, Pop-Tarts, RIKI LOVES RIKI, Sally Hansen, Teletubbies, Tinder, Viktor & Rolf, and WWE; and Contributing Sponsors Bombas, Entertainment Weekly, and .gay.
About GLAAD: GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change. GLAAD protects all that has been accomplished and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love. For more information, please visit www.glaad.org or connect with GLAAD on Facebook and Twitter.
The most important lesson from Bud Light and Target’s embarrassing decisions to disavow their inclusive…