"Southern Stories: A Guide for Reporting on LGBT People in Texas" is part of GLAAD's Southern Stories initiative, which aims to positively showcase the lives of, and build acceptance for, the LGBT community in Southern states. It is intended for journalists and reporters telling the stories of LGBT people living in Texas, as well as LGBT and allied leaders. The guide was developed in collaboration with the Equality Texas, HoustonLGBTHistory.org, and LULAC Council 4871, and is written in both English and Spanish.
- Let Freedom Read! In the Wake of Sobering Reports, Beloved Icon Leads Call for Action at Annual Event
- Election 2024: Candidates Ignore LGBTQ Issues in the Second GOP Primary Debate
- “Jeopardy!” Champion Amy Schneider Announces New Memoir “In the Form of a Question”
- Maren Morris Announces Queer Artists Adam Mac and Shea Couleé to Join Chicago Show
- Toronto International Film Festival: ‘Dicks: The Musical’, ‘Lil Nas X: Long Live Montero’ ‘Next Goal Wins’, ‘Rustin’, ‘Close To You’ Among LGBTQ Standouts At TIFF
- “Schitt’s Creek’s” Emily Hampshire Competes on Celebrity Jeopardy to Raise Money for GLAAD!
- WATCH: The “Dancing with the Stars” Cast Shows their Support for LGBTQ People at Season 32 Premiere
- Personal Essay: Actress, Filmmaker Sarah Ann Masse on Coming Out as Bisexual and Her Fight to Clean Up a Toxic Hollywood (Exclusive)