2015 represented an especially historic year in the movement for LGBTQ equality, with the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which guaranteed same-sex couples the right to marry nationwide. Notwithstanding the American public has grown well beyond majority status in support for marriage equality and we have reached what TIME Magazine called the “transgender tipping point,” GLAAD’s Accelerating Acceptance 2016 survey reveals that other key, yet perhaps more nuanced attitudes about LGBTQ people are lagging and the cause of Accelerating Acceptance must continue.
- Maren Morris Poses in Drag on Billboard Cover with Sasha Colby, Eureka O’Hara, and More!
- WATCH: Eva Reign Accepts GLAAD Media Award for “Anything’s Possible”: “This film is a radical act of love.”
- Garden State Equality, #GLAADinstitute alumni, host annual Equality Ball
- InReach and GLAAD Launch the #TransMascFutures Campaign, Increasing Positive Stories and Resource Access
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside the production of ABC News’ GLAAD award-winning franchise for queer storytelling in primetime
- Supporting Queer Joy: The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and Decades of Dedication to Community Service
- Book Bans Cannot Stand: Organizing to Defeat Book Bans in Your Community
- Trixie Mattel Covers RuPaul, Gives Back To the LGBTQ+ Community with New Single/EP