Every week, The GLAAD Wrap brings you LGBTQ-related entertainment news highlights, fresh stuff to watch out for, and fun diversions to help you kick off the weekend.
1) A trailer has been released for the new Netflix docuseries My Love. The show follows six elderly couples around the world, including Jurema and Nicinha, two women in Brazil who have known each other since they were teenagers and are now grandmothers. My Love will be released on Netflix on April 13.
2) AMC’s GLAAD Media Award-nominated drama Killing Eve announced that its upcoming fourth season will be its final season. The production company has stated that they are opening to spinoff options for exploring the world. The final season will air in 2022.
— Killing Eve (@KillingEve) March 16, 2021
3) A teaser has been released for the seventh and final season of Younger, as well as the announcement that it will premiere on Paramount+ on April 15, with four episodes dropping that day and then being released on a weekly basis. Watch the teaser below.
4) A premiere date has been announced for The Upshaws, the new comedy co-created by and starring out comedian Wanda Sykes. The Netflix show follows a working class Black family in Indiana, starring Mike Epps as a mechanic, Kim Fields as his wife, and Sykes as his sister-in-law. It will begin streaming on May 12. In more TV news, out Schitt’s Creek actress Emily Hampshire has joined the cast of The Rig, a new Amazon UK thriller. Hampshire will play Rose Mason, a scientist on an oil rig that abruptly loses all communication with the outside world as a fog falls over it.
5) Nickelodeon has announced a live action special of GLAAD Media award-nominated series The Loud House, which features bisexual character Luna Loud amongst other queer characters. In other Nickelodeon news, the network has cast out actress Natalie Morales as a voice in the Rugrats revival, as Phil and Lil’s mother. World of Wonder has set a new competition reality series Painted with Raven, where makeup artists will compete remotely in a series of challenges to be crowned winner and win $25,000. The show will be hosted by Raven, a drag queen and make-up artist who has received an Emmy for her work on Drag Race.
— GLAAD (@glaad) January 28, 2021
6) Demi Lovato has announced that she will be releasing a new album Dancing with the Devil… The Art of Starting Over on April 2. Half of the title comes from Lovato’s upcoming documentary Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil, a four-part documentary series that will premiere on March 23 on YouTube. Pre-order the album here.
Dancing With The Devil The Art Of Starting Over
Album out April 2!
— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) March 16, 2021
7) Out singer k.d. lang is set to release a new album makeover on May 28. The album will be remixes of her songs from the 90s, including the St. Tropez Mix of “Miss Chatelaine,” the music video of which is below. Pre-order makeover here. Queer pop duo TWINKIDS released their newest single “I Know” today, off of their upcoming album Nobody Likes Me. Stream the single here, and check out the album when it’s released on April 23.
8) New Marvel comic The United States of Captain America, will introduce several citizens who use the message of Captain America to uplift their own communities. One of these will be Aaron Fischer, a gay man who, even without powers, protects homeless youth and others facing trouble. The first issue will be released on June 2 with other issues highlighting others inspired by Cap.