Every week, The GLAAD Wrap brings you LGBTQ-related entertainment news highlights, fresh stuff to watch out for, and fun diversions to help you kick off the weekend.
1) Troye Sivan’s new film Three Months is out now on Paramount+! In the coming-of-age film, Sivan plays gay South Florida teen, Caleb, who learns he was exposed to HIV the week before his high school graduation. After being told by a doctor that he must wait three months for a test to be able to detect the virus in his system, Caleb spends his summer awaiting the results and contemplating love, friendship and family. Three Months is a former GLAAD List script, from out writer Jared Freider.
2) The fourth and final season of Killing Eve premieres this Sunday, and the cast and crew say goodbye to the series in the below featurette. MI5 analyst Eve Polastri (Sandra Oh) is recruited by MI6 head Carolyn Martens (out actress Fiona Shaw) to track an international assassin Villanelle (Jodie Comer) and her handler Konstantin Vasiliev (Kim Bodnia). But when Eve and Villanelle develop a mutual obsession with each other, both of their missions quickly spiral out of control.
3) GLAAD Media Award-nominated comedy Harlem has been renewed for a second season. The comedy series follows best friends Camille (Meagan Good), Tye (Jerri Johnson), Quinn (Grace Byers), and Angie (Shoniqua Shandai) as they navigate their twenties together while entering the next phase of their careers, relationships, and big city dreams. Tye is a successful, queer dating app creator who prefers keeps romance at arm’s length.
‘Harlem’ Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon https://t.co/HBL9eAqNvC
— Variety (@Variety) February 17, 2022
4) Season two of The Wilds is set to release on May 6. The series will continue to follow the harrowing ordeal of a group of teenage girls stranded on a deserted island, and they didn’t end up there by accident — they’ve secretly been recruited into an elaborate social experiment. And the girls aren’t the only ones being studied…there’s a new set of subjects, an island of teenage boys, who must also fight for survival under the watchful eye of the experiment’s puppet master.
— TVLine.com (@TVLine) February 22, 2022
5) A trailer has dropped for upcoming Netflix show The Andy Warhol Diaries. The documentary series chronicles the remarkable life of Andy Warhol from the vantage offered by the artist’s own posthumously-published diaries, contemporaneous footage of the pop-art icon and interviews with those who knew him, from John Waters to Rob Lowe. The Andy Warhol Diaries also showcases a recreation of the artist’s words using an AI-version of Warhol’s own voice that sounds strikingly human.
6) Stranger Things has been renewed for its fifth and final season on the heels of its season four premiere dates. It’s been six months since the Battle of Starcourt, which brought terror and destruction to Hawkins. Struggling with the aftermath, our group of friends are separated for the first time — and navigating the complexities of high school hasn’t made things any easier. In this most vulnerable time, a new and horrifying supernatural threat surfaces, presenting a gruesome mystery that, if solved, might finally put an end to the horrors of the Upside Down. The Emmy award-winning sci-fi horror includes lesbian character Robin Buckley (Maya Hawke) who works alongside Steve at the ice cream store in the mall.
7) Out lesbian actress Sasha Lane will join the cast for upcoming anthology series The Crowded Room. The show will explore inspirational stories of those who have struggled with mental illness and learned to live successfully with it. Lane will play Ariana, closest friend and ally to Danny Sullivan (Tom Holland), who was the first person acquitted of a crime because of dissociative identity disorder. Together, they seek revenge for the pains of their past.
round out the cast of ‘The Crowded Room,’ Apple’s seasonal anthology series from New Regency https://t.co/VeCRO0vHNg
— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) February 22, 2022
8) Queer indie duo Boyish’s upcoming single/music video “Congratulations” is out now, along with the announcement of their forthcoming EP My Friend Mica out May 6. Watch the music video below!
10) Queer New York based electro pop artist Jake Lancer’s single “Feel Your Love” is out now! Stream it here. Additionally, queer, Mexican-American musician and composer FELIX III’s debut single and music video “After Hours” is out today. Watch the music video below!